Intense purplish red.
The nose opens with aromas of red fruits, such as raspberry, hints of violet, and then develops aromas of spice, such as rosemary and black olives.
The attack is frank with a woody finish and supple tannins still present.
Ageing lasts 14-16 months, where 80% of the wine is aged in oak barrels, mainly new wood and the remaining 20% in stainless steel vats to preserve the purity of the fruit and the floral notes, which are a distinctive feature of great Côte-Rôtie wines.
For a perfect pairing, try it with chicken fricassee, roasted pigeon, or goose stuffed with foie gras.
READINESS FOR DRINKING
Drink now or keep for 5 to 10 years.